View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 03:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrene View Post

My PN started about 2 years ago, and it too was in my feet. Something about the feet being the furtherest from the heart. Mine started with a pain in my heels when I first got up in the morning that I can best describe as standing on half of a golf ball. Got progressively worse until my chiropractor recommended a "special insert" for my feet.
I can definitely identify with the golf ball comparison. This started for me after the PN moved back from my toes leaving them largely pain free. The scholl pads that slip over the toes can provide a bit of cushioning.

I've had PN for four years now. Still searching for a reliable dx and hoping a forthcoming liver scan will show up the degree of damage there, which looks the most likely source. Also awaiting a visit to a different consultant.

Been taking supplements for about 1-2 years as per the stickies, my B12 level is about 1800. I'm not sure how much the supplements help but I'm going to stick with them until such time as I ever see evidence that they don't.

The remitting and relapsing nature and changing symptoms of my PN puzzles me a bit, but just from reading on here you understand the variety of causes, complications and severity of pain.

Best wishes to all,
Westie.

Last edited by Westie; 10-29-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Westie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote