View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 04:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jean,

You're right about the gamma knife possibly taking between 3-6 months to take effect. I was told that when I was in the hospital that 3rd time. But the neurosurgeon who was on call came to my room and explained the procedure to me and said that he had an opening the very next day. It was all very rushed. He told me for some people it seemed to work right away. I felt desperate and I didn't want them to send me home again without some kind of resolution so I agreed to do it. Looking back on it now I wish that I never would have done the gamma knife. Like I said earlier I felt great for about 2 weeks but that may have been the neurontin that they started me on. I should have just waited to have the mvd done. I'm worried about repercussions from the gamma knife later in life. Anyway, since I've slowed done on reducing the medications I haven't really felt any twinges but sometimes it feels just like I have a weakness there. (if that makes any sense). And I haven't even begun to reduce my tegretol yet. I am also tired of feeling out of it all the time and constantly forgetting things. It seems like your reducing your tegretol pretty quickly. How do you feel today?
Laureen
mean laureen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote