View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 08:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default YES!!YES!!YES!! Finally Fully Favorable!!

I can't believe it finally happened I had my ALJ hearing today and as I'm sure you all understand I have just been a wreck over it, I first applied in June of 2003, I was injured in June of 1999 but continued to work until I just couldn't even crawl in any more.
Of course I got my 2 denials and have since been waiting for my hearing.
Well I got a fully favorable decision today and I didn't even have to testify, thank goodness I was so nervous about it, it's so very hard for me to talk about my disabilities.
I did however sign to change my date of disability on set from 6/03 to 10/03 when I turned 50, no biggie, it's just such a relief to finally get what I deserve.
I won't get much of a monthly benefit as I was a waitress all my life but it sure will help to keep the wolves away from the front door and pay for my meds.
Interesting as it is I even learned things from their expert dr. about my case that I had never been told by my own drs, pretty sad huh??
However I'm thankful to have found out and even more so that finally I have won my claim I got screwed so bad by BWC I just knew I would by SSD also..
The judge said She would have my papers signed and to me with in 30 days, I won't hold my breathe but my lawyer said this judge is really good about keeping her word.
I just wanted to share my good news, I feel as if a thousand pound weight has been lifted off me, I had thought it would upset me to hear those words "total disability" but it didn't I knew I was disabled, I almost cried just from the relief of it finally being accepted by others.
Linda
LindaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote