View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 05:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Finding a Pain Management Dr. for TN

Hi, I'm new here. I have been having symptoms of TN since 1998. It took about three years and about 5 different Doctors before someone recogized my symptoms, which my Neuro said were text book. I have been seeing him since and have been on Neurotin (1600mgs 4xaday)I also have tried a number of drugs along with the neurotin, I took depakote for several years and put up with the sleepiness and weight gain as long as I could, anyway, I have been on Neurontin only for the past 4 years and have been doing ok, no really bad pain. The last few months I have been having breakthrough pain which is horrendous. Burning and stabbing so badly I can't move my face or it gets worse, can't swallow. My neuro won't give me anything stronger than Tramadol and recommended that I go to a pain managment doctor. I have called 4 doctors 3 have told me they can't help me and one hasn't called back yet. Does anyone know of a pain Dr. in the Cincinnati area that deals with trigeminal neuralgia? Please email me if you know anyone. Thanks
lovetosing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote