View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 06:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Janet,

I congratulate you guys on being alcohol-free for so many years-that's pretty awesome.

I'm sorry that your hubby isn't doing well, Janet. What type of MG does he have? Is it AcHR, Musk or seronegative? I know that you mentioned that he was intubated, but what other muscles are affected?

My heart really does go out to you!

When you say that his thymus was 'benign' do you mean that it was normal (as in not hyperplastic and not containing a thymoma), or that there was a tumour in it that was benign?

My MG has been pretty hard to treat as well...I had a thymoma that was removed in July...But high-dose (60 mgs) prednisone has helped somewhat along with mestinon time-span...But I still have quite a few days where I am very weak. Infections don't help, and the prednisone makes me prone to them, which tends to take me back in terms of symptoms.

I've never heard of Rituxan, but is it a chemotherapy drug, and if not, has he tried chemotherapy? I know that it can sometimes help with refractory MG, although it's harder to recover from when there's no thymus.

Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote