View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Brian, I'm not offended. I don't take "herbal" medications, just to clarify that point. I only take Mestinon for my MG, just like you.

I do want to also clarify that Betaine HCL is not an herb and does not have a "Placebo" effect on me. It is made from sugar beets. Pepsin made from pork. Without it, I can't digest my food. I get very bad reactive hypoglycemia from the "dumping effect" of undigested food going into my small intestines. I get more frequent infections. My GI tract would be full of food peutrifying; not a very healthy situation. And given my family history of GI tract adenocarcinoma, no one could tear that Betaine HCL away from me. Or my acidophilus.

The B12 methylcobalamin I take daily I absolutely need to take or I'll end up with a deficiency again.

Which brings up another topic. My insurance doesn't pay for these two "drugs" (Betaine HCL and methylcobalamin) but I need both to stay healthy. The only reason they don't is because they aren't prescription drugs. I should not have to pay for them. Western doctors don't write prescriptions for anything not from a drug company. Eastern doctors do.

I could go on and on but it doesn't seem fruitful to do so. We will indeed have to agree to disagree.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 10-29-2009 at 07:58 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (10-30-2009)