View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 12:19 AM
artist

artist

Thumbs up Thank you!

Roz!

Oh Roz, I'm so pleased to hear from you I could kiss your feet!
xxxxxx there you go!
How are you? If I remember correctly, you had surgery for a brachial plexus problem? And if memory serves, you also have TOS and fibro? I do hope you're doing well. Did you ever move to that cabin? It sounded lovely.

Thank you for that link - whatever is going on with me, it's either RSD spread or problems arising from spinal stenosis. I was recently MRI'd and they found both stenosis and cervical spondylosis. Using my right hand (I'm right-handed) is now very painful; since I work (got to) this is a very alarming development. Oddly, the original RSD hand is much better, though. It all started with a fall, left wrist Colles fracture with ulnar splintering, 2 years ago. If I regret anything, it's that fall - my health hasn't been the same since then.

There is one odd thing. After the first 6 months, the colour of my skin settled down, and I don't have discoloration in either hand. The doctors don't know whether this is RSD in the right hand, or some form of carpal-tunnel type thing resulting from nerve pinching...

Anyway, I'm in the middle of a job right now, a huge drawing of a Chinese mountain scene for a hotel (don't know why they picked me, I'm not Chinese, living in a place 98% Chinese - still, I'm not arguing, it's work...) so I'm gripping a pencil hour after hour, day after day and it's excruciating! Neurontin helps, but not much and I can't afford brain fog right now.

I've SO needed to talk to someone who understands...thank you so much for replying, xxxx.

You know what it's like in the workplace - you've got to pretend all is "just fine" or they give up on you. And friends are great but you know, they don't feel it.

Tell me what's been happening to you - and bear with me, the time difference between Hong Kong is 13/16 hours - so my replies may be erratic.

Love you, sweet lady, thanks for being here - oh yes, why the buckwheat (nice name)?

all the best
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote