View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
Kim,
I'm glad you found us.
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone here, who's been diagnosed without going to many doctors, and going through much time. It took me 7 years for a diagnoses, I've had rsd, tos (thoracic outlet syndrome), since '83. In '98 another auto accident, I got a traumatic brain injury, herniated neck and low back discs, and assorted other maladies...
(Funny thing is, I'm a healthy old horse, without these imposed injuries). I have sleep apnea (a real bear, w/pain, too).
I use a Cpap machine for that..
Take methadone for pain. ( my lifesaver ).
Cymbalta / pain, depression.
diazepam, for nerves, spasms.
zanaflex, muscle relaxer, sleep.
imetrex / migraine
aricept / to help my brain "think". It's an altzheimer's med.

For you, if your PM doctor isn't very empathetic, find someone who is.. There's a limit to what they can do, so, the least they can do is understand.
What is your line up of doctors?
I've been seeing my neurologist for almost 20 years.
He runs my entire show, but is wanting me to find a new "family doctor" he can communicate with, as he had a mild heart attack last year.
It's so difficult to find a doctor who isn't immediately on alert for pill shoppers.
So, that's his concern. I couldn't imagine if something happened to him.

Tell us what you can about your treatment currently, your meds and why, and your doctors. Then, if you have specific questions, we can go from there.
You'll find this place is full of kind folks who only want to help.
I've gotten so much support and friendship here.

Welcome!

Pete
asb
Thanks for the warm welcome, Pete! I currently see a pain doc, neurologist, ortho and go to p.t. with accupuncture and deep tissue. I also have a regimen for stretching and strengthening. I have atrophy in my leg of one inch, a torn hamstring and Piriformis Syndrome, along with the RSD. I have tried traditional p.t., aqua therapy and chiropractic. Did a series of sympathetic nerve blocks, injections in my bursa for bursitis, which left me feeling like I've been run over by a bus! I am to the point where I don't want the meds, but I have to choose unbearable pain or nausea. Any suggestions on the nausea? My pain doc won't even prescribe anything for that. Pepto! Deal with it! Walk backwards! Quack!

So sorry to hear about all of your issues. Makes mine look like a walk in the park. Thanks for your optimism!

Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-02-2009), Hockey (10-30-2009)