View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 07:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Back from Hospital- VP Shunt Surgery

First of all I want to thank every single one of you, for reading my posts and for your thoughtful advices and support. It meant a lot to me.
The surgery was last tuesday and I was released the day after. I don't have the horrible headaches that I had prior the surgery. Other discomforts are showing up, like the strong pains in the lower abdomen, almost in the groint sometimes during the day, and the dizzyness.
I am very self concious of the whole procedure, and I looked at the CT scan and the X-rays and honestly it freaked me out a little. I saw that catheter inside my brain and well, it looks weird.
I wonder how is your life after the VP Shunt for every one of us. Do you work? Do you have any physical restrictions?
I assume the more the time passes, the more used to it I will get to it, but at this moment I am thinking too much about it and it doesn't help.
How normal our lives will be or have become in your cases with the VP Shunt inserted? By the way, all pain meds have been removed by my doctor, only Tylenol or Aleve is necessary.
Many Hugs to all of you that were step by step on the previous weeks to my surgery. Send me your thoughts and God Bless you all.
floridahydrowoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote