View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The Carlsons fish oil is not bad tasting. It just can leave a fishy taste on the lips. I have learned to mix it with some cran-raspberry juice and some 7-up. I have not had any fishy lips aftertaste since.

My wife has been taking it for 1 1/2 years. She puts it in her Emergen-C vitamin drink. She has a hard time taking pills.

I learned that having some tunafish in the fridge is helpful. If I have a fishy aftertaste, I just have a bite of tuna and it goes away. I think the tuna masks it with a flavor my palate understands and likes. My wife likes to keep some tuna prepared for sandwiches in the fridge.

As mrsD has said. There are good enteric capsule versions available. My physician has done some research and found that the 60 to 70% EPA and DHA are the most affordable. Higher potency can be expensive. Lower potency is not enough Omega-3.

Is your daughter on any seizure meds? Sounds like she is having seizures. The speaking issue could be a form of psychomotor seizures. These are usually Temporal Lobe problems.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote