View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 10:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Waves,

I have the occassional absence, only lasts about 35 seconds so I'm told. I was put on to dilantin (phenytoin) but I was allergic to it and my stomach blew up literally like a balloon and it was sore to even have clothing touch it. Symptoms went away within 24 hrs of stopping the med.

I would think that with some of the meds it is a matter of taking the lesser evil. I for instance take 13mg of warfarin at the moment (has been up to 17mg), and I read that one med I am taking with it will increase the effect of the warfarin so be very careful...but it hasn't made that much difference.

So I think honestly that the information is erring on the extreme side of caution. Which is better than being blase about it.

It has been found from what I can glean from talking to my gp and my old neuro that certain drugs work wonders in conjunction with others, whilst some are either useless or dangerous. And certain types of brain damage respond well to some drugs but not to others. I asked about the brain damage because my e is from a head injury as a child. It caused learning difficulties and dyslexia is one of the problems. So it takes me ages to write and re read everything. Sometimes when I'm tired I miss so many mistakes

But have some confidence in your friends mothers doctors. It's far too hard to get practice insurance to stuff it up by mis-prescribing

Cheers
RhiannonsMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote