View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 09:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bob,

Where else does your girlfriend have RSD? Anywhere?

I ask because I started with RSD in my right hand to elbow, it then went to my shoulder up the side of my neck. It then went into my left arm etc, but not nearly as severe.

The accident sprained my neck also & I developed a lot of neck spasms & headaches for a few years, then I had a 2nd MRI which showed a broad-based disc bulge, very close to pressing on a nerve root, and the left side of my neck.

I've often wondered if my RSD had actually spread into my neck because, like my arm, shoulder, & hand, if any little cool air touches my neck anywhere it causes me pain. My neck is in spasms so much it hurts all the time. I don't recall having burning there, like I do my arms, and also not as much pins & needles as my arms. So, I don't know if I have it in my neck. The doctors I go to are not familiar with RSD, so they aren't very helpful.

But I bring this up because on this forum I discovered a site by Dr. H. Hooshman. He states that when CRPS/RSD starts in a hand, for instance, it travels up the nerves all the way into the spine going into the head. (I can't remember all the exact medical wording). But this, he said, can cause occipital headaches (which I've had severly) and affect vision and hearing. Both, also, that I've had problems with but didn't know why!

I don't know how to add a link (sorry, computer challenged), but maybe someone can post it here for you.

Hang in there with your girlfriend! Encouragement is a big plus to getting better!

Denise
Denise G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote