Thread: DBS, It's time.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 11:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Hi,
I have decided it's time to seek DBS. I would love to hear some testomoials from people who have had the treatment. What the procces was? Your personal experience , How long was the recovery ? Do you have to have ALL your hair cut off ? How long is the hospital stay ? Anything. I know what the proecedure is I want to hear the personal side of it. I anxious to hear from anybody.
Thank you, Robb
Hi, Robb - I've had two stimulators put in place. Being only the 6th at Mayo, guess I was a ginea (sp) pig. That was in 98. They shaved 1/2 my hair off so I complained about their choice of hair stylist!! The procedure was adventuresome for me as I was awake for the first part. Recovery was nauseous with a headache but only for a day. Stayed one more day then was sent home. The 2nd stim was more advanced. Head shaved only for a tiny spot for the burr hole (sounds more gruesome than in reality). This one was an overnight stay with another headache.
Have you scheduled your surgery yet? I'll be gone next week but would love to hear from you. Good luck!
gloria
glorybee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-31-2009)