View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 02:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown New Diagnosis & Hard To Accept

Hi everyone.

I think I got a firm diagnosis of RSD this week... well, I did from 2 doctors and have from about 6 docs before. The problem is that my pain management doc does not think I have it. He's the only one. I'm basically convinced that I do. My pain doc says that I have nerve damage from a surgery almost 3 years ago. I hate that I want everyone to agree on a diagnosis and plan of some kind. Anyway, I'm new here and don't know if this is where I should post. I have a question for any RSD people... can RSD be in a little toe only (a bit of the foot, too)? My pain doc thinks it must be in a larger region, thus the name complex regional pain disorder. I had a test by a foot doctor this week and I'm convinced and he is convinced that I do have RSD. I had 3 lumbar sympathetic blocks 2 years ago and the pain doc that did them said that my positive response to them was absolutely diagnostic of RSD. I don't know who to believe. I know that people can see many doctors to finally get diagnosed, but it's hard to accept because I had just met with a doctor in another city who could do an amputation of my toe and part of foot and he thought my pain would go away. I was so thrilled. But then the docs here said that "No... it would make everything worse." I'm so discouraged by all of this and have close to no support of any kind. I have a very strange question, but do any of you talk to each other by phone? I so wish I had someone to talk to by phone that would understand the pain. If anyone else wants to talk, let me know. Thanks for reading this.
maddiesgram is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote