View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default well that blows that theory

Dear RhiannonsMoon,

what i was thinking was... if you had been exposed, but you haven't that you acquired some understanding of these languages - perhaps just phrases commonly heard combined with actions - a child's brain can hardwire that... in your linguistic centers which are in the temporal lobe(s) (different languages may be in different lobe) ... so i was thinking a temporal lobe sz could be "waking up buried languages."

but that doesn't fly if you haven't actually been exposed to the languages!

unless of course you are a believer in past lives, but i wasn't heading that direction, i was thinking on a pure neurological, this life basis. you could say i was moonstruck by your userid and the Gaelic... even though Welsh would have been a closer fit... there is that proximity, and you have spelling particularities common to my own early schooling. (is that cryptic enough!)

i suppose it is possible you had visitors as a child that you don't recall because of being asleep by then... but perhaps not completely. now i'm really REALLY stretching it.

seriously, i will see what i can find out assuming you indeed had NO exposure, as it is we do have this input:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tos8 View Post
Hey R. I have actualy heard of this befor, where people could speak multi diffrent languages without ever even learning it. It has nothing to do with epilepsy though. I forget the name of it, its audio somthn, but im sure you can find it on the internet.
i'm into languages... so i'm... curiouser and curiouser!

must be awfully annoying though. i do actually speak several languages and when i dream sometimes my dreams contain "composite speech."

when i'm awake i can and do mishmash two languages with my family who also speak both, but that's different - not an intrusive thing. when i have hypomania.... yikes. then i have things like the typical "tune you can't get out of your head" - but i don't actually hear it as in a hallucination. the problem i have however is that, the phenomenon is multiplied... i might have 3 different songs overlaid all playing intertwined somehow (plus loose verbal nonsense on the side.) that gets awfully distracting and the songs have on occasion been in different languages which gets even more "interesting" but this has nothing to do with epilepsy either, and is not remarkable insomuch as i do speak the languages.

i'll poke around and let you know when i find something.

~ waves ~ from across the ocean
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote