View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Yes, even on meds, the thyroid can deteriorate?

But, it depends on what your 'auto-immune'tests have been so far to date!
I am female, you are not ergo male thyroid issues are less common, but still can and are destsructive.
My issue was 'hypo thyroid'- underactive Commonly occurring in pre & post menopausal women. IF I understand your history correctly? Something 'else' caused it in you. My own thyroid problems have been managed very well, thank-you! With Synthroid. If the script is not 'generic'? A good degree of quality control can be achieved with the more expensive brands...AND every single doc I have encounterewd advocates the non-generics as quality for YOU!
Getting to the right dosage for you is a different matter! I have been up and down the 'dosage' scale many, many times!
As for the 'quality' of obtaining that 'synthoid'? I know many area vets who treat creatures at various 'armour' and the like farms... and I believe that any true cruelty must be reported by the vets to the state health depts.
Since I've been on 'synthroid' for over 15+ years? I have only had one incident when my thyroid changed significantly!
Do NOT take three pills and expect MIRACLES! This is the kind of med one MUST take daily and consistently for it to have any affect! It can take3-6 months for it to 'kick in'? But it does, tho very slowly.
THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES HERE! The 'turtle will win the race in this!
I hope this all helps! = j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote