View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
Lizzie, I KNOW how sick you are --- and it constantly amazes me that you remain so upbeat. I love your enthusiasm and your optimism -- and I like to think that when I am "around" you, I soak up some of your "goodness"!!

I am ALSO amazed that this group so agreeably disagrees. I'm actually a little in shock about it. I sort of cringe a little right before I scroll down -- expecting to read some harsh words, but they never come. YIPPEE!! I LOVE this wholesome support of sometimes opposing ideas to similar problems!!

I also really appreciate how all of you look out for each other -- and check on each other -- just as a loving family should.

This is a good place to "be".
I agree, it's great when people agree to dissargee.

we are all so different, come from different backgrounds, have had different experiences, that there is no way we will all think the same, just because we have a disease (which is also different for each of us), with the same name.

still, we can sometimes take something (even 10%) from what someone else says. and those small parts add up together to make our life better.

my dad used to tell me, when I was a kid, that when you eat a pomegranat you throw the peel and eat the inside. and this is the way you should approach life-"eat" the good parts, and throw away the peel.

and for each of us, it is totally different, but we can eventually find out what works best for us-what is the "inside" of the fruit and what is the peel, without being disrespectful to what works for others, which may be quite different. there is no "one size fits all" here. and I know that certain things that work for me, are a total disaster for someone else and vice versa.

hope this makes some sense.

alice
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (11-01-2009)