Thread: Flu shots
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Brian, It's great you have good communication with your neuro, and you have faith in his knowledge. That's a huge step in the right direction.Too many people have gone for years with an uninformed Neuro. And Myasthenia is a crazy disease, and it can take a couple years to really figure out all the signs our bodies will give. And then just when you feel as though you have it all figured out, wham...something new pops it's ugly little head. So being able to have faith in your doctors knowledge is truly a blessing.

Working together with your neuro is so important. It's a team effort. I never had the problems most people have with diagnosis, or with getting a good neuro, but I've experienced it in other areas, and it's not fun.

When you do get the flu shot, please watch your body carefully for signs of breathing issues, feeling more fatigue than normal. My guess is that your neuro hasn't had many of his patients go into a crisis from the shot, and I pray that continues. It's an awful thing for the paitent, and the doctor to go through.
I suspect you'll be fine, otherwise, your doctor wouldn't allow you to have it.
Please forgive some of us for being so concerned when it comes to getting the flu shot.
As some of us have had life threatening problems, and don't want to see you go through it. We've made it our buisness to educate others with MG on what can happen.
I for one, can't ever sit back and not say anything. But it does sound like your neuro is diligent, and will keep and eye on you. I'm sure he's given you a list of things to watch for...a "just in case list". I'm always getting those. Just tuck them away in a folder to pull out when you need them.
Love, and best of wishes
Lizzie

Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pat 110 (11-02-2009)