View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

SO sorry to hear that you are dealing with all of this right now, Debbie!

When I went onto the Intense Physical Therapy Course last year and told the Doctors there that the desensitization therapy I had been having hadn't helped, they asked what I was having. When I told them that I had to touch my foot with feathers, cotton wool etc during PT, they told me that that was no good for RSD and would probably aggrivate it even more as the nerves were getting mixed messages (one minute my foot was being touched, the next it wasn't).

After that, the PTs started me on some aggresive desensitization therapy. I had to wear socks every day (something which I hadn't done for over a year!) and then try and wear socks! It was absolute h*ll and I spent many days crying in pain but it was worth it in the end! I'm not going to lie to you and say that I don't still have hypersenstivity, I DO but it is a little easier to cope with than what it was previously.

Of course, everyone is different though and what worked a little for me, might not help for you!

Do you think that the massage therapy is helping you at all?? If you feel it is, i'd stick with it but if it's making things worse, i'd stop.

My PM Doctor told me that there wasn't really that many medications that can help with the hypersenstivity but I was given additional pain medications to try and help me through the therapy so it might be worthwhile speaking to your Doctor about that.

I hope you feel better soon and you are in my thoughts!