View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Toxic neuropathy????

I am a 23 year old male, in very good physical shape until around 6 month ago.

I self prescribed Levofloxacin because i thought i had a chest infection, i took 1 tablet a day for 5 days. On the 4th day of the course (saturday) i planned to go out drinking. I checked if the anti-biotic reacted with alcohol, it does'nt, so i embarked on the night out.

I took that days anti-biotic at around 7pm, the same time i had taken the previous three days dose. Throughout the evening i drank heavily until around 11pm when i was offered 1 ecstasy/MDMA tablet. Foolishly i accepted, without so much of a thought that it may react with the anti-biotic. Between 11pm and around 2am i would hazard a guess and say i took 4 more ecstasy tablets, 5 in total.

I returned home at around 6am feeling all the usual effects of ecstasy.(increased heart rate, jaw clenching, inability to urinate etc.) I started to worry when i started to feel sick, my heart rate would not lower and my muscles were aching from head to toe. I was unable to sleep and had no appertite, i managed to eat a sandwich and two yoghurts. At around 4pm on the sunday i finally started to feel better and fell asleep for an hour or so, when i awoke my pinky and ring fingers on both hands were numb, feeling returned straight away after straightening my arms.

Since that evening if i sleep with arms bent i will always suffer numbness in my fourth and fifth fingers in both hands, also in my thumbs, forearms and somtimes upper arms.

Other symptoms that i have started feeling since the event six month ago include, tingling in both feet when crossing legs, electric shock pains in hands and feet when over stretching, slight burning sensations in both hands and feet, elbow soreness, sporadic muscle twitching, slight blurred vision in right eye.

Only recently i have developed pressure headaches, stomach cramps, constipation and diarreah ( undigested food in stool)

Any information on Toxic Neuropathys would be greatly appreciated??
MightyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote