View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Allen,
I would start looking for another PM Dr. and get your records personally from this Dr. so you won't have to wait for another Dr. to get them. Hand carry them in with you.

Also, I don't remember if you have been on Methadone but I swear by it. I am on a very low dosage but I do know that if I don't take it my pain level is unbearable. I have tried a lot of meds and none of them touched my pain and the side effects were bad also. The only side effect that I notice if I get to high on dosage is being tired and sweating. I'm sure there might be more if you are on an ungodly amount also but it seems to me like it does a good job for me at a low dosage.

Gigglebabe uses it too, she could tell you how it does on her. It is getting to be the pain med of choice and I think it's because it doesn't do the things to people that Vicoden and Oxycontin does.

I have see what they do by 4 of my friends in this area. I think that is why Drs. are so reluctant to give them out. They are two meds that are used by real drug addicts and I believe that some Drs. are afraid that the wrong people will get a hold of them.

It is very hard to find a good PM Dr. I see a pattern of that on the forum here and the friends I have around here. As I told you I saw 3 or 4 before I finally asked my PCP if he would take care of my pain management.

The government has put such a fear of God into the Drs. that they don't want to get in trouble and it seems too easy for them to do.

Don't give up on trying to find the right Dr. to take care of you. You cannot go without pain meds. I honestly don't believe that. When all of your meds are out of your system you will most likely be in a mess with the pain levels being unbearable.

I think too, that the Drs. are seeing so many drug seekers coming through their office that they can't seperate the good from the bad. We pay for what the druggies do.

Something else you might want to do if you don't already have a PCP find one so that he can give you referrals and make sure that the PM Dr. knows that you keep your PCP in the loop so that he knows you are not Dr. shopping for drugs. They were talking about that on the Today show just yesterday.

AS I SAID, DON't GIVE UP on finding a good PM Dr. You need one.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote