View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda1217 View Post
I'm now now having a doc tell me I'm not allergic to it because I don't break out in a rash I just itch like crazy. I was on it 5 days when started itching. I hate doctors who think they know it all.
Belinda
Hey Belinda,

I was put on an anti-depressant called Axit. I was fine for 5 days then my head began itching. No where else just my scalp. It would drive me insane. Burning itching. I scratched until I bled. I told the doc and he said it must be my shampoo (I don't use shampoo it has too many chemicals I use a herbal lotion & tonic). This was a dr who didn't want me to take any meds for acute intractable anxiety & panic attacks.

I changed Dr and straight away she changed the anti-depressant I no longer itch outside the normal "oh I want my back scratched cos I love it" reasons. And I agree with you that there are doctors out there who really need to listen to their patients. Most do. But there is always going to be the ones whose ego's are bigger than their patient lists.

I have great respect for the training and long hours doctors put in before they are considered capable of treating patients in the general community (I think they train in hospital cos theres others there if there is an emergency, very sensible). So most go on their experience. There will always be those who go on what they think rather than what they should investigate...just tell your doctor firmly but pleasantly "I'm sorry I don't agree, please give me an anti-histamine to see if this is the only reaction I will get". That way you may be able to keep taking the drug if it is good for your sz.

Cheers
Rhiannon
RhiannonsMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote