View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks, cara and linn, for your responses. i really appreciate your taking the time to share your experiences with me.

cara: you know, you're the reason i had my b12 level checked. i found your story online about a month ago and it sounded so much like my situation, and it gave me hope for a solution. needless to say, i was pretty disappointed when i got the results that my b12 level was 900. i cried my eyes out.

after thinking about it more, i realized i wasn't fasting, and my dr. said that didn't make a difference; however, after doing additional research, i found out that it might. i have been taking 5000 mg of b12 here and there, but i think i will try to take it more regularly. some days it seems like it makes me feel better, but i don't know if it's a placebo effect or not. my MMA result was 153 with the range being 87-318. i don't know really know what that means since my dr. said my results were normal and haven't found much information about it online.

i have not been checked for lyme disease or celiac disease/gluten sensitivity. i was actually planning on discussing lyme with my neurologist during our next appointment, but what kind of doctor would i see to have gluten sensitivity identified?

linn: since posting the first time, i recently had a visual evoked potentials test to further rule out MS. my results were normal and now my neurologist says MS is off his radar. if i don't get any resolution soon, i just may look into going to the mayo clinic. i looked at their web site and they take my insurance, so there really isn't any reason not to pursue it.

thank you again,
binx
binx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote