View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 03:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown wavedreamer1

No way does the patch takes away withdrawel symptoms. I have been on all everything that they make. Fentanyl patches are nothing but what I call a street drug. It will mess with your head and not taking the medication that you have been on for a long time is not good. I had to have an implanted pain pump. They tried every drug out them in the pump. Nothing would take away my pain so They tried me on Prialt (venom from a sea snail). I have what they call a brain overdose from where my body rejected the venom. I hear music, hear people talking, see shadow people. I am scared. I can't remember things and have head rushes. It feel like someone just gave me a strong shot. I am so tired but if I lay down the spams, pain and music, talking gets worse. If you have a disc that is anyway pressing a nerve. have it fixed right away. No PT, spinal blocks burning of the nerves, steriods. GET IT FIXED. BECAUSE IT WILL GET WORSE< NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU> Take it from someone that knows. I am fused from my neck to my tail bone.Of you need to talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieinpain View Post
I started fentanyl patches 25 mil today at 1 pm i have been on percocet for 6 yrs now at 10 mil x5 a day was working but lately it wasnt as effective. I have fybromyalgia as well as arthritis in hands neck lower back have spinal twisting and also disc issues i also suffer from migraines that last weeks. So it is now day one 6 hrs after first dose and i am getting no relief just took 10 of percocet first time today am weary tho of taking both although doc says i can is anyone else on a similar regimen? and how long does it take for pain to go away and will the patch keep opiad withdrawel away? thanks for help debbie:confused.
wavedreamer1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote