Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face Dear Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel239 View Post
I am extremely bothered with memory loss. Can hardly remember detail of our beach vacation.
Did you have many seizures during that vacation that could explain why you don't remember parts of it, or did you remember it before, and only after recent seizures/medication had difficulty remembering it?

Assuming the latter - that you remembered it until recently - have you tried stimulated recall with family members that were there? ask them to recount things and see if being "fed" some detail will bring up the memories.

Are you taking any benzodiazepines? eg Lorazepam, Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, or simil-benzos (like Ambien)? These can cause a condition called anterograde amnesia... forgetting something that happened at a time antecedent to taking the med, and which you had recall of before. sometimes it preciptates in combination with other meds.

In the case of anterograde amnesia, memories can often be stimulated. In any event, if the memories "went away" AFTER the vacation, and were not due to gaps in awareness due to CPs DURIng the vacation, I would talk to your doc about this.

Many meds can interfere with memory/concentration in general. This affects your quality of life and is important to address. Also best to have the causes investigated professionally.

Hope that helps a little.

I hope you and your doc can find a way to make things better for you.

~ waves ~
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mel239 (11-11-2009)