Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, it is TIME for my SECOND Mestinon pill of the day -- so, I can tell you what symptoms are most prominent right now:
*fatigue
*MAJOR slurring of words
*leg heaviness
*shoulders and upper arms are VERY tired
*fingers are slipping all over the computer keys

But, by FAR the WORST symptom that I WILL have IF I don't take a pill soon IS -- I will CHOKE on my lunch. So, I'm gonna go get my Mesty -- put it under my tongue to let it dissolve and get into my system -- and get something to eat.

I HAVE, upon occasion, FORGOTTEN to take a pill near mealtime (space-cadet here!!) and as SOON as I start eating, I am VERY quickly reminded that I DO have this beast called MG. The MOST fun is drinking tea and having it come out through my NOSE -- eeeeeekkkkkkkkk!!! NOT a pretty sight!!

I cannot drink liquids by tilting my head and sipping from a glass. I have to use a straw and keep my head at a normal angle. My lips are affected by MG, so it is difficult to hold onto the straw -- I do this "thing" with my lip and teeth. Whatever works, huh?!?!?

I like the Mestinon -- I used to have MAJOR constipation -- I am now REGULAR -- woooo-hoooo!!! (Yes, I know I'm weird!!) I do get some cramping with the first pill of the day -- not any worse than the Irritable Bowel that I've had for years. I can deal.
jana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote