View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, THAT DIDN'T LAST LONG, DID IT???

Alan woke up, I excitedly told him "Guess what, I hooked up the DVD"

We go over to the thing. I press "on", I put the tv on Video 2 (exactly what I did before).

The magnavox dvd screen pops up (so I know it's all connected right?)

I try and insert a dvd by pressing the open/close thing. The little light flashes, the screen says "loading", then it says no cassette

And the little thing that usually pops open so I can insert a disc, WELL IT WOULDN'T OPEN.

It worked fine 1 hour ago.

Also, when I put my tv on Video 1 (which is what we watch cable and vcr tapes), well it was blank. I have 3 options when I press the video button on the tv. Video 1, video 2, and Channel 3.

Now when I put it to channel 3, it played fine (BUT WE NEVER WATCH ANYTHING THAT WAY, we select Video 1 and we've left it there and we see cable tv and our vcr tapes, all through Video 1 on the tv.

So I thought to myself "I must have jarred something loose or something.

So I tightened all connections on the back of the vcr and VOILA!! EVENTUALLY, I got it back to VIDEO 1.

So for now VIDEO 1 is doing what it's supposed to be doing.

so I go to Video 2, and there's the Magnavox DVD screen

SO HOW DO I OPEN UP THIS DVD PLAYER TO INSERT A DISC.

I tried unplugging it and replugging it back in.

Help!!!!

Mel

P.S. I just downloaded the manual from the internet. It's a Magnavox 421 dvd player. I read the part on how to open the front thing if you don't want to press open/close. It said to take the remote and hold down the 'STOP' button for 3 seconds.

I did this. It would not open. I said OPEN on the screen, then it said "LOADING".

Help lol
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I just called the Magnavox company and the tech support guy had me unplug the unit and way a moment and then try again (no luck). he said to keep doing this, or I will have to take it in for repair, (not gonna happen).

oh well.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 11-02-2009 at 03:35 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote