View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi all. Wow, all the new posts. I've been negligent in checking in here.

Anyway, I too am wondering about Savella. My doctor, at an appt today, asked if I would be interested in trying it. My fibro just happens to currently be in a major flare and any relief from this pain would be welcome.

But, I know how I am with these kinds of drugs! It is not prescribed as an antidepressant, even though it sure sounds like Effexor's twin to me. He said it's specifically for the treatment of fibromyalgia. (When I once took Effexor, it was terrible...one of my worse med experiences ever...next to Paxil.)

Well hallelujuah anyway that fibromyalgia finally gets press, huh?!

I was one who anxiously awaited the release of Cymbalta. But...after a couple years things started to go bad and suicidal thoughts became too frequent and real. Along with other concerns, I quit the Cymbalta. It was a ***** for me going off that stuff (though not as horrendous as when I went off Paxil).

I think I will do more searching on the internet to see if others have given this stuff a fair trial.

Oops, came back for an edit. The Cymbalta did help with my fibro pain. I mostly realized that when I QUIT the Cymbalta. Immediately the familiar aches and pains started right back in.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote