Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The Mestinon works in a rather strange way for me...

First, the regular tablets don't seem to work at all...I have to take the time-release tablets to get any effect...

I also don't experience the GI side-effects...I sometimes experience them with the time-release tablets, but I always take both with food, so this might be why...

I went to the pharmacy today to get my rx for the time-release, and it turns out that my neuro. sent a fax saying that I should be taking time-release once a day and the regular tablets 4-6 times a day. I'm so upset. I already told them that the regular tablets don't work for me, and they told me to take the time-release tablets twice a day.

The pharmacist seemed taken aback by how bad my speech and breathing are...I could barely eat...only had oatmeal, and I had to move it around in my mouth with my finger in order to chew and swallow it. My face is so weak, and everytime I say a word, I wheeze and suck in a breath...It's like my lungs are stuck...My symptoms are so bad right now because I ran out of the time-release tablets...She said that she will call my neuro. herself to tell them that I need the time-release...

I hate this disease.
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote