View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mestinon making weakness worse???

Thanks everyone for the input. I just left a message for my Neuro describing what is going on. They should call me in the morning.

Annie,
I think you may be onto somethng about it being my blood sugar. I specifically remember the Pulmo telling me we needed to be careful with the Pred to make sure my blood sugar was ok. After I read your post I Googled symptoms of low blood sugar and I have ALOT of them....
trembling
heart palpatations
anxiety
sweating
irritability- My husband and boys have noticed this and I feel it!!!
No Annie you do not sound grumpy!!! You're advise is always appreciated. I hate to hear you are tired and not feeling good yourself. Try and get some rest.

Lizzie,
I have never been tested for Diabetes but have no family history of it. If I have it now I am sure it is Pred induced. As for the shakiness and weakness it seems to start after I'm up an hour or so. It is after I take my Mesty and other morning meds that it start but I don't remember feeling this way before I started the Pred. Although my Mesty dose was upped to 75mg Fri. from 60 so that is what made me think that was causing it. Today I have felt weak and shaky all day and I am completely exhausted and feel like I could lay down and sleep for hours. Thanks so much for the support.

Pat,
Yes I agree it is better to be safe than sorry. Thanks so much for the encouragement!!!
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote