Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Kendra...

I know! the pharmacist is so nice...She gave me two mestinon time-release to tide me over until tomorrow...Thank God..I'm able to move my tongue a bit now, and my face isn't so weak...

i know what you mean about the medicines...For me, the prednisone causes a lot of strange side-effects...When I was @ 80mgs, I got horrid palpitations, sweats, shakiness...My blood-sugar was really high when this would happen...Now that I'm back at 60mgs, my blood sugar isn't so bad, but I notice that my MG symptoms have gotten worse...

It does suck to have this, no matter what age you are...Sometimes, my energy levels are up and I feel like going out, or going back to work, I feel so bored staying at home all the time... but then I remember that i can't talk...I feel trapped by this...I wish there was a magic wand that would take this away. Sometimes, one thing goes away, and another things surfaces...Sometimes, I really miss my old life, and I don't want to lay it to rest...I just want it back for like 3-months, and then I'll take the symptoms back again...I've been bargaining a lot lately with someone, maybe God...But I find that it's better to forget how things used to be, because it's too sad.

Sorry I'm being so depressing

Edit: Hey guys, I just wanted to say sorry for being so depressing...i've been feeling pretty sick the last few days, and have been in a bad mood...I think that my MG is pretty abnormal, so for the newbies, don't worry, you will get better! Mine is just really resistant, but most people get well from the regular meds...Don't let my experience reflect how yours might be!

*hugs*
nicky

Last edited by Nicknerd; 11-02-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote