Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kendra and Nicky,You know, before I got treatment, and then for the first couple years after diagnosis, I felt like, I was just existing, and I couldn't understand why I was still on this earth. I wanted and needed a purpose, and sleeping, or curled up on the sofa day in and day out, just didn't feel like I was doing anything in life.
But here I am 5 1/2 years later, yes, I'm still on prednisone, and haven't had a break from it, not even a day. But I do have a life now, and it has been exactly as those who have had MG for years said it would be.
Getting to the point where I am today was a very subtle strengthening that occurred. It's like, one day, you'll look back and you'll be able to say, hey, I'm not napping as much..etc..
Unless God intervines, I'll probably never be a hundred percent again, and I do believe in miracles, and in prayer. I'm probably around 60 percent on my good days, and I've come to terms with that at the moment. ( I wax and wane on it, but those times are much further apart than what they use to be.)
I feel it's healthy to go through grieving for how things once was. And like when we grieve for a loved one, that too will come and go.
You're not depressing me, as it says to me, you are experiencing normal feelings. All of us have gone through those feelings, and from time to time, we still do.
Vent away, I know I do..
Much Love
Lizzie

Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (11-02-2009), Nicknerd (11-02-2009)