View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Lindkaye,

You're completely right. RSD pain is like no other pain I have felt before.
I was T-boned by a semi tractor trailer, and had a passenger in my truck, next to me. So I was kind of crushed between them. (fortunately, I saw that the truck driver wasn't even looking, and I told my rider to hold on, he threw his arms up around our heads!! That probably saved our lives!) The last thing I saw was that Freightliner's headlight, and I'm fairly certain I took it out with my elbow / blocking.

I was a very hard working self employed master plumber. Digging, burning myself, cuts, bruises, migraines, were all normal to me.
The next day I woke up, I knew something was seriously wrong.
It felt like someone had wrenched my spine out of my tissue about an inch.
Just a tearing, ripping, burning pain!

If you haven't felt it, that's great, but even most doctors don't get it, they think 'pain is pain'. It's not, not when it comes to RSD!

Live with it?
You may hafto.
But, you will need a team of doctors, who will help you manage it.

Your Meds, your doctor. (Neuro) hopefully.

Your Mood, find a psychiatrist, personally, I don't trust PM doctors unless they're psychiatrists.
This will help you to "heal" that part of you, and get out of the 'woe is me' syndrome sometimes. (find one with a sense of humor).

Your body, excercise, if you can't get out because of the climate, find a warm pool. Use it or lose it..

I wish you the best, as always!

pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (11-03-2009), loretta (11-03-2009), Sandel (11-04-2009), SandyS (11-02-2009)