View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cleaning out the house and it feels good!

It all started in my DD's room, then it started to spread. Today I finished cleaning out every room, closet, drawer and cupboard in the whole house. I have a pile to donate - it's not even going into the basement. I threw out a ton of stuff. The garbage men will love me tomorrow. Amazing what you can find in the back of your kitchen drawers!! I even painted a small book shelf that was badly in need of a fresh coat of paint. I spent almost 6 hours doing this today plus other stuff I had to do and I am just plain tuckered out right now.

Today at the store I bought a new computerized label maker. It's really cool and is so much fun! (Boy do I need a new hobby!!) It runs on battery and prints out the labels on tape. After I cleaned out all the small containers in my spare closet, I labeled them all. My DH was just rolling his eyes at me.

Tomorrow I will do the basement storage room - that is if I have any energy left. It won't be too bad but I want to label all the boxes and storage tubs so I know what's in them so I don't have to go through all of them for one thing.

After going through everything I have a better idea of what I have in the house. Plus I made more room and space for everything so I can use the things I had stuffed in the back of the closets and shelves. It feels good to have gotten rid of those things we never use any more.

I know why I have so much energy to do all this work. It's because I'm sick but it's only a head cold. Every time right before I get sick I go on a cleaning frenzy. Does this happen anyone else?
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (11-03-2009), Kitty (11-03-2009), SallyC (11-03-2009), whispers (11-07-2009)