Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 10:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mestinon

Nicky,
I am taking 40mg of Pred every other day. I am also taking Dapsone which is a preventative antibiotic. It is making me feel bad I think too. I take it in the morning and notice by late evening I start feeling better again. Hopefully the Dr. will call in the morning. I mentioned to his nurse I was concerned about my blood sugar so maybe he'll order the blood work. Oh gosh I feel for you with the panic attacks. My oldest son suffers from them and I can literally see the panic on his face when they are coming on. I don't have panic attacks but have noticed my anxiety has gotten much worse. I feel like I am always thinking one step ahead of myself and feel nervous and edgy. I think you are right about your sleeping habits making you feel sick and depressed. Sleep deprivation is horrible. I know if I don't sleep I simply can't cope or function. Those are the days I cry over the smallest things that normally wouldn't bother me at all. I was having a horrible time with my legs twitching at night. It would literally keep me up until the early morning. My Neuro started me on Mirapex which is for RLS and it has worked miracles. I sleep like a baby with it and feel like I am sleeping much more sound. I know there is alot of relaxing meds that can aggravate MG but Mirapex hasn't bothered me at all. You might tell your Neuro that the Pred is giving you insomnia. Maybe there is something he can give you at night to help you fall asleep that is safe with MG.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote