View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have RSD in my hands/arms, feet/calves for more than 2 years now. I tired a couple of sympathetic ganglion and lumber blocks and oxygen therpay. I had some relief for a few day at best from the sympathetic nerve blocks. I had very good relief from the oxygen therapy for a good period of time. For now, I have managed my pain with medication, mainly Lyrica. My pain is manageable. Should i stop trying other invasive procedures or continue to pursue other treatment options hoping for a remission?
Have anyone try other types of nerve blocks such as cervical/lumbal epidural, caudal, paravetebral or brachial plexus blocks containing local anesthetic and corticosteroids. I got this information from an article written by Hooshang Hooshmand, MD and two other doctors. If you have tried these options, would you please share your experiences.
Take care,
Hi numb.
I'm sorry you have RSD, I'm sure you will get some comments on your question. I wasn't diagnosed for 4 years, my treatment before I was diagnosed for frozen shoulder (really RSD) was physical therapy and massage therapy, tens unit, I went into remission twice-now full body-14 years. My Dr. just built two clinics with HBOT? Is that what you had Hyperbaric Oxygen ? I'm planning on having a series done/ I've been seeing him for 5-6 years. He is neurologist, psychiatrist and pharmacologist.
I almost went to see Dr Hooshmand about 8 years ago. I often refer his puzzle list to newbie's. Thank you in advance for answering my question about your oxygen treatment and how many sessions did you have? and length of time. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote