View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 01:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Loretta,
I had a total of 50 sessions ( 2 series) of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I had my first 30x within months after RSD dx and i had significant relief. Then i had my second 20x early this year because my RSD had flared up after a very painful nerve block done in my pelvic area in 10/08. However, i did not obtain the same good result as the first time although i still had good relief. My ears could not tolerate the pressure the second time and thus i had to have ear tubes put in before proceeding the therapy. The tubes affected my hearing and i had a lot of ringing in the ears. After the oxygen therapy, i decided to remove the tubes. Unfortunately, the benefit resulted from the second set of oxygen therapy was pretty much erased by a moderate impact car accident. It was a hit and run because that young man with no insurance. I was so...... upset. I don't think i can afford anymore hyperbaric oxygen therapy anymore. I have a installment plan set up to pay for this. The doc who prescribed the oxygen had mentioned there is a maximum sessions he would prescribe due to the side effects. I think he mention he would only prescribe 50x.
I hope this help,
numb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (11-06-2009), Sandel (11-05-2009)