View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 01:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindkaye View Post
Hi there guys;
Just wanted to confirm with you guys that RSD has a different type of pain than other issues..? I had a knee replacement 2 years ago and then came down with rsd in the same knee. My knee still has not healed - opened it up last year for excessive scar tissue but still will only flex around 35 degrees. I had around 5 lumbar blocks that only lasted about 6 hours each. I know RSD has a large portion of problem with my pain - but feel strongly something else is wrong and have been trying to find another dr to help me. I just had a bone scan done and my knee was glowing. The radiologist stated either infection or loosening of components highly suggestive. I went back to the new dr and he stated you just cant believe 100% the bone scan. I tried to tell him that I have my RSD pain on the inside portion of my knee and it is so different than the other pain I am feeling in my knee. He looked at me like I was halfway crazy. He kept stating that any opening of the knee could stir up the rsd. Like I don't know this? Last year they (another dr) opened my knee up and was very cautious regarding the RSd and it didn't flare at all. I realize that having rsd and surgery is a fairly cautious thing, but he is stating I might want to just "live as I am right now" the rest of my life because opening it up might stir up the rsd. If he could live in my shoes 1 day - he would rethink that thought! Just wanted to check to see how you guys distinguish between your RSD pain and other pain.
Well, gotta go. My youngest daughter (11) came down with the swine flu this weekend . Her temp went up to 104 - now down to 102 - but she is feeling really sick. I feel so bad for her - she missed halloween and now will miss 6th grade camp for 1 week. Watch out there for it and be careful! Thanks for listening.
Hi Lindkaye and welcome to NT,
I'm so glad you found this wonderful and comforting forum. So many great friends here that we can relate to and learn from each other. About 14 years ago I had surgery and immediately after my left should froze up. It was rsd, but wasn't diagnosed for 4 years. It took a lot of physical therapy to get range of motion back. And it went into remission, but the therapist warned me it might cross over to other shoulder- and after a year of remisssion, it did cross over to other shoulder. I now have full body and internally. In my opinion rsd is different pain from other kinds of pain.There is a great website rsdrx.com that is good from a retired dr. the puzzles list has 146 questions and his answers. very informative. rsdsa is the national sit for rsd.there is a place for your zip code and you'll receive a phone number and name of nearest rsd support group. It sounds like you need a rsd dr. with experience.
I, personally, would be very scared of surgery because spread. It's not a good thing to face.
I hope your little girl is recovering from the s flu. It's good you caught it early. Take care, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-04-2009), Sandel (11-04-2009)