View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Phidippus,

I have TLE and I have more physical symptoms than psychiatric. However at onset stage when I was really bad, I did get quite annoyed with people because I thought I was speaking quite normally, and behaving normally, when in fact I was staggering round like a drunk on pay day, and slurring my speech.

Then I would pass out, especially when at the computer. My head would bang into the monitor, desk, wall then floor, and I'd wake up there some time later. After that I would sleep for up to 12 hours (and called lazy by my ex husband, another reason he's an ex).

I don't go off the medication now because I just get too unwell and have too many sz's, it's just not worth it. I used to miss doses at the beginning and I would have quite strange things happening. I couldn't even take multi-vitamins without having problems.

I still have sz, though they're not as bad as they were when they came back (head injury as a child sz, then 2 more episodes and full onset in my 40's).

Once you get the right medication (that can take quite a while to work out), things will settle and you'll be glad that you are on the medication.

Hope all goes well, keep us posted,

Rhiannon

Last edited by RhiannonsMoon; 11-03-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: left something out
RhiannonsMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote