View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 04:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Krank,

My twin sister has RA with lupas overlap - she was diagnosed about 11 years ago. She receives infusions of some special drug - Enbrel I think - on a monthly basis and takes a variety of oral meds as well. She does extremely well, her pain levels are very well controlled, much better than mine. Suzy has never taken opiods for her pain and has maintained a very active lifestyle. She and her husband stay well informed, live life to the fullest, and you would never know if you met her that anything is wrong with her!

I'm sorry that your wife is sick also. You guys have a lot on your plate. I am the oldest of 6 kids (5 now, 1 passed away) - my mom had 6 kids in 8 years. It was pretty crazy growing up with all those kids!!

I think many of the same rules that we talk about for ourselves on this board apply to your wife - make sure that you get the very best doctor that you can. Research the condition. And stay active.

Keep your chin up. I'm sorry that BOTH of you are sick. As we all get older we are all going to be finding out about more stuff that is wrong with us - hips, backs, necks, CA, etc. Life is never fair, that is one thing about which I am certain....please take care and don't get too dowon in the dumps, OK? We are all here for you.

XOXOX Sandy

Last edited by SandyRI; 11-03-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added name of drug
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-03-2009), fmichael (11-04-2009), krank (11-04-2009)