View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 06:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[I was one who anxiously awaited the release of Cymbalta. But...after a couple years things started to go bad and suicidal thoughts became too frequent and real. Along with other concerns, I quit the Cymbalta. It was a ***** for me going off that stuff (though not as horrendous as when I went off Paxil).

I think I will do more searching on the internet to see if others have given this stuff a fair trial.

Oops, came back for an edit. The Cymbalta did help with my fibro pain. I mostly realized that when I QUIT the Cymbalta. Immediately the familiar aches and pains started right back in]

Glad you clarified this Doody. I just started Cymbalta, and after some other horror stories I've read I was about to stop taking it. Hopefully it was your symptoms causing the issues and not the Cymbalta.

I take the Cymbalta for major depression, anxiety & panic disorder and agoraphobia. But it seems to have indications in so many other ways for so many other things (whether this is another story the drug Co have out out I don't know, there are so many law suits going on).

I'm taking Neurontin (Gabapentin) along with Tegretol for epilepsy, I am still having spike pain with the neurothapy and fibromyalgia pain is flaring at the moment but pain has lessened with Tramadol at a higher dose.

We don't have Savella in Australia yet but hopefully soon. I'll watch your thread to see how you go and if it's successful I may ask to try it,

Good Luck,
Rhiannon
RhiannonsMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote