View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Phidippus,
Welcome to the forum! I've had TLE for 37 yrs. and just like you I started out by having bad migraine headaches. This in turn lead to absence, and complex partial sz. for me for many yrs. Then about 2 yrs. ago I started to have clonic sz. where I would fall, hit the floor and thrash around. This past August my neuro put me on Keppra and I haven't had a single clonic sz. since then. Often times people who have epilepsy will have an e.e.g. and it will show nothing and that's because the brain damage or scar tissue is to deep in the brain for the e.e.g. to pick up. Your thinking may be affected by the AED's (sz. meds) or it could very well be that the hippocampus of your brain has gotten hard and begun to shrink this in turn will cause short term memory problems. Also if you use a cell phone this will surely shrink the hippocampus and cause many problems for anyone with neurology problems of any kind. I've been told to stay away from cell phones no matter what. If the sz. are coming from the right TL this is an area that shows a lot of emotions and this could also be another reason why you have the problems with memory and thinking. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote