View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 01:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for Link! - very interesting.

For now I'm 'fact finding'. Was told I have MG (myasthenia gravis) this past June and started taking Mestinon. Things seemed to improve - got thru follow up appointment in July fine.

Then on Monday, I went for another follow up. We started discussing symptoms etc. and from what I (and Hubby) shared, apparently the symptoms were more consistent with complex partial seizures (had never heard of this). Then, because some of my blood work from original dx had some elevated SLE antibodies, they said that sometimes these kinds of seizures can be caused by Lupus. The fact that my face was bright, bright red with a 'classic' butterfly across the cheeks was also noticed.

Anyway, thanks for answering and getting that article for me. Tomorrow I go for an EEG and if that 'snapshot' doesn't show what they want - they have already prepared me for a 3-day EEG portable monitor.

I thought my symptoms were just irritating and part of MG - but they seem to be taking this pretty seriously - and that has me a little concerned. Will let you know the outcome.

Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote