Thread: HELP - itching
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you

Thank all of you for your help.

We spent the day in ER yesterday. All blood work can back in normal ranges. Three dr's (two of his and the ER doc) put there heads together and decided to give him IV tordal, ativan and a little morphine. If nothing else, got him home and to bed and he did sleep. We be getting home nurse today to continue this at least one or two days. His PM doctor is out of town, of course when he is needed most.

Pain meds never seem to work for him, he has RX for percet ?? but last time it was taken was in Aug. THE good and the bad is we live in Alaska, there is really not a good RSD dr here. His records were reviewed by mayo clinic, Uof Calif head neuro, and a couple of other places and all say there is nothing they can do to help. So the best I can do is turn to others that have this terrrible condition to get suggestions to give his doctors.

He is in good health otherwise, does not drink, smoke, do drugs (is 62) does try to do water PT three times a week. He is bound and determined to get better but only seems to get worse. He was at the end of the rope yesterday and his phystrist, myself and the ER doctor are concerrned that he may try and harm himself.
Again, thank all of you for you help. With treatment it is all trial and error but at least I have a few more suggestions to look at.

Thank you
carrol
sailmaker510 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (11-04-2009), loretta (11-05-2009), mrsD (11-04-2009), SandyS (11-04-2009)