View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 09:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

AGR, Cherie and Sally -- Thank you so much for your hugs and encouraging words. It really meant alot knowing you care and can identify with these rotten feelings, although it makes me sad that you can.

My doctor increased the zoloft rather than going with another AD since I've been on many of them over the years. Hopefully the increase will help.

Cherie -- I've been on LDN for a couple years and it does help somewhat with the bladder issue, but it too is getting worse. The neuro has labeled me SPMS and I don't seem to have relapses, it just keeps progressing all the time and never is any better. With the fibro, I'm extremely weather sensitive so whenever rain/snow/just a lower pressure system comes along, the pain is excrutiating. It feels like I'm constantly getting the flu along with the ms symptoms. So far, no pain meds have touched this.

Probably a specialized counselor would be helpful to talk with, but I don't know of any in this area or where to look to find one. My 'kids' aren't close enough to see regularly plus I wouldn't feel comfortable speaking about some of these "ms things" with them. There are a couple good friends, but you know how it is, unless someone actually has ms, they just don't get it. The same with fibromyalgia -- everyone has aches and pains, but this is a whole different thing.

It's mostly the increasing changes we have to adjust to and accept in our lives with this miserable disease, that are so difficult to deal with. Yes, I know there will be some better days, but being unable to get into my car to drive without help, unable to leave my house, unable to take one or two "normal" lousy steps along with the constant pain, is just too much to deal with at times.

Thank you again for your kind words, the human touch is always a God-send.

Gentle hugs.....Judy

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote