Thread: Mvd
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Glad I saw this before I zip outta here for a few days,and shut off all my junk
Oh I feel right along with you Jen on the weather deal surely not as cold as you but 80s and then 40s is still a kick in the face and head for all of us I believe.
You sound like you have found a pretty understanding good doc. I hope so that is a blessing by itself.
Well the try everything statement is pretty much what most have to do. I had to and know of many others and as you have been getting to know others yourself you know all the different options.
On the neuro stim I may be wrong and that be cool if I am but it is not approved by the gov yet for facial pain … because it is so experimental. I am not to have mine on all the time or when sleeping at night. As far as stimulating the nerve too much and it becoming a problem .?. ?? … I guess having one in for ummm July of 02 that’s almost 5 years right? I have been doing better then I have been in a long time dare I say that . And I can turn my stim off and on low and up to the top like a volume button on the remote control. It is set at certain range. I am just waiting until my battery runs low then I will have to take it out and put in new one. It is under my arm by bra line. I think in about 3 more years it will need to be done that is just a guess .
And on pain management I GOT THE MOST HELP FROM PAIN MANAGEMENT DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ANY NEURO DOC!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I screamed that but my pain doc is the first who cared and he never gave up on me threw all the meds. My pain doc is the one who suggested his idea of trying a neuro stim. He did this at the very last minute after he had said cutting nerve was my only thing. A pain doc went searching that far just for me when I was at the end of the road… So PLEASE do not wipe pain management out of your options. There was a neuro doc present and working with my pain doc during the operation. I am saying none of the neuro doc helped much at all for me except to throw new meds my way and test test test. Well I like this test with my neuro stim way better. Maybe I can get that answer for you about to much over stimulation after awhile becoming a problem also but for now and the last 4and half years it has been my biggest blessing besides my family and my friends.
Okay I know I just over loaded you Jen, forgive me on that. I will have to make you a cuppa via vitural cyber space and send a bunch of sunflowers.
hope you were able to sleep or at least make your mind ...still enough to relax. I know it is impossible sometimes .You are in my prayers Jen. take time for you and dont rush yourself with what you decide, YOU KNOW YOUR BODY THE BEST and you will figure out what feels best for you to do. many blessings and keep us posted. sending a blanket of comfort and good health for you Jen with this post.
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote