View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Denise,

With Fibro you have triggerpoints. That is areas that you can feel lumps in your body. I think there are like 18 or 20. Can't remember. My Rheumotolgist felt of the areas that have the triggerpoints. They are in the knees, the inside of the elbows in the back of the neck and shoulder area.

The pain is like all over pain. I can tell the difference in the two but I have had enough medical care to calm down both the RSD and Fibro so that when one flares I can tell.

The RSD pain is so unbearable in the area it is in that it drives you crazy and it seems to me that it is localized to the area of the RSD except for the referred pain that goes with it. I can also tell where it is mirroring over to the opposite side of the RSD.

You do have the deep ache from the Fibro and as you said, they say it is worse in the morning until you move around and get the body loose but I felt mine day and night until I got it calmed down. Also the cronic fatigue seems to come more with the Fibro. I have cronic fatigue syndrome and it's different from the Fibro fatigue.

Like you, I am sore all over and if someone tries to grab me it hurts.

There is a great book on Fibro that you can check out of the libraries. It's called," What your Dr. may not tell you about Fibromyalgia." By Devin starlyndal. Not sure I spelled the last name right. It is an amazing book. It is really thick and she leaves out nothing and also talks a little about RSD in the book. You mght want to read it before you go to the Dr. so you can understand Fibro better. Also Dr. Hooshmand's puzzle helps explain Fibro.

I have never been very good at explaining these. Others might help you more but I just wanted to let you know about this book.

I have the burning on the bottom of my feet. I mentioned that last week here and someone said it was referred pain from the pelvic pain but I'm not sure of that either. I find if I'm on my feet too long I end up in a mess with my pelvic pain and leg and feet pain.

On Flexeril, I couldn't take it so I didn't take it long enough to know what it will do but I do read up on every med the Drs. give me. Bill ended up with gout because of a blood pressure medication and a stroke due to one. I had a stroke and heart attack on vioxx. I am to the point that if I question my Dr. extensively about the meds I take. I actually made them take Bill off of one of his.

I realize we have to take meds to deal with these problems but I tell everybody to read up on the side effects of meds and if they don't let up as the Drs. claim they will in a certain length of time go back and get off of them. I took Vioxx and I was in a mess within one week.

I have the chest pain and I did read in Hooshmand's book that RSD does cause chest pain. I was also told it was from the Fibro, Costocondritis, Esopogeal spasms, and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. With me they can't seem to figure what's causing what.

Fibro causes eye problems. A friend of mine went to the eye Dr. and she was told she had Fibro eyesight. I just haven't went because I figure that's what they will tell me. I see double at times, I have blurred vision and I can't see far off and I can't see close up at times. Apparently it effects the eyesights in every way.

The neck and arm spasms seem to come with the Fibro. Have you been diagnosed with TOS? That can cause the arm, neck and shoulder problems.

Good luck with your appt.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote