View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 02:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the notes and messages.

I'm sorry to let everyone know that we had to send dad in 3 hours after he got home, by ambulance. His pulse rate suddenly shot up and he was shivering badly all over. He was already on oxygen, 3-4 but yet he felt extremHi Everyone! Thanks for all the notes and messages.

I'm sorry to let everyone know that we had to send dad in 3 hours after he got home, by ambulance. His pulse rate suddenly shot up and he was shivering badly all over. He was already on oxygen, 3-4 but yet he felt extremly breathless. He said he felt cold and his fingernails were turning blue. He was also extremely breathless though he was on oxygen. We thought it could be fever but his temperature was ok. I got so scared I called the ambulance only to be told it'll take 45 mins to reach my house. -.- Those 45 mins were the worst minutes ever.

Luckily dad did ok until the ambulance arrived, but when the paramedics took his pulse rate and oxygen level it was 141 and 89. His BP was extremely low, think is something like 60/90.

He was rushed to hospital, and when he reached hospital, his temperature suddenly shot up to 38.5 degrees (Norm's 37 degrees). After hours of wating at the ER, we were told he had a lung infection. So had to be warded again.

Dad was frustrated, and emotionally affected cos he didnt even get to spend one day at home and had to be readmitted. =/

So now its hospital day after day again. Do hope his infection clears, but doctor recommends hospice after this round. But we still hope to take him home...
ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote