Thread: Definate MS
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 10:13 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Sallyb

Perhaps your neuro was referring to a fairly rare but bad reaction that happens immediately upon infection ( or within minutes) which is an anaphalctic (I prob. spelled that wrong) shock like reaction.

I was frightned to death on hearing about this from other Copaxone users before I ever started taking it.. this shock thing delayed my getting on it for years. My girlfriend got very brave and got on it. She started, stayed in touch with me, and was on it for several mos... she recommended it very highly to me.

She told me she "thinks" she was able to avoid the ana shock thing by making sure she never injected into a vein... which meant, she didn't use the auto inject, and did her shots slow to insure no blood veins were hit.. blood comming back up out of where the needle is inserted is a good sign you are in a vein.

Anyway, with her good experience with Copaxone and detailed exp. on avoiding veins, I started on Copax. myself. My first month was scary, as I was so afraid I would mess up and end up in ana shock (thinking I wouldn't know it if I was in a vein, and go ahead and inject). But that never happened, and years later, still shooting up w/o hitting a vein, I never had that shock thing happen.

Copaxone wiped out my nerve pain! No small feat! My numbness, spasticity, spasms disappreated to. That all happed within a couple of months after starting C.

The only thing that is unconfortable when on C. is the site reaction. Keep antihistamine and a cortisone cream on hand to put on the site following injections. You will need to rub those on sites that are 5 days old even, as the itch like crazy. After a few mos. the site reaction no longer happen, so it is no longer such an itchy thing/constant using anti itch lotions on the sites.

The benefits I have had with C. far exeed the interferons I had been on B$ Copaxone. Also, C. doesn't produce fever, headache and flu like symptoms like the other injectables do.

For what it's worth, that is my experience (and I speak for my friend also), I recommend Copaxone highly.
new2TX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote