View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh Cumbersome and may not be portable

Hello;

I hope all of you are enjoying a sunshine day!!!

I'm glad "easy to load" was mentioned here. Some scooters are too cumbersome to load. They come apart but the lightest piece weighs in at 60 lbs!!! Some electric wheelchairs do not come apart of collapse for the trunk of the car. Specialized vehicles are expensive and buses that have lifts may not go where you want to go (the area I live in is like this and cuts are imminent). Don't mean to sound so doom and gloom here, but just wanted to pass this along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
A good one for inside and easy to load when doing a little shopping is a GoGo by Pride. I understand they aren't that comfortable for an extended period of time but good to maneuver and good around the house. There are other brands as well. Pride is just one.

Medicare should cover the cost if a doctor prescribes it and you need to use it to get around in your house. Medicare will no longer cover the larger mobility scooters which are nice for outside. I know, I have a Pride Legend for outside. I paid for it all out of pocket. I do not need one for inside yet.

Some people do prefer an electric wheelchair. It's just what works for you.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote